- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups uncooked old-fashioned oats
- 1 pint (2 cups) fresh blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350º F.
- Line a 13×9 inch baking pain with aluminum foil.
- Spray the foil with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
- Mix well; add brown sugar, sugar and butter.
- Stir until well mixed, and then add oil, eggs and vanilla.
- Gently stir in blueberries and oats.
- Using a spatula, pour the batter in the pan and smooth it out evenly.
- Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
- You can test if it done by sticking a toothpick or knife into the center. If it comes out clean, it’s ready to eat!
- Let the pan cool. Using the foil as a handle, lift from the pan and cut into bars.
Kids Can: Spray the foil in the pan, measure and stir ingredients, and spoon mixture into pan!
Change it up: Want to add even MORE fiber to these bars? Substitute the all-purpose flour with whole-wheat flour in this recipe!