- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoon milk, low fat
- 3 ½ cup cornflakes, crushed
- 1 pound chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, cut into nugget sized pieces
- 1 can pineapple, crushed, in juice (8 oz.)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ¼ cup pineapple juice
- ½ cup barbecue sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a small mixing bowl, stir the egg and milk together.
- Place crushed cornflakes in a plastic bag.
- Dip chicken pieces in egg mixture, then shake in bag with cornflakes to coat each chicken nugget.
- Place coated chicken on a baking pan in oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and transfer chicken nuggets to serving platter. Get ready for smiles!
- Pour undrained pineapple into the blender. Secure lid and blend for 20 seconds.
- Pour blended pineapple into a saucepan. Add cornstarch and stir.
- Add pineapple juice and barbecue sauce and stir again.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring until sauce thickens, about 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and use for dipping.
Kids Can: measure out ingredients, stir egg and milk, crush cornflakes, coat chicken pieces using bag, place on baking sheet, and pour pineapple can contents into blender.
Change it up: Limited time? Try the chicken nuggets alone or with pre-prepared BBQ sauce or ketchup.