- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 2 (28 ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 (14 ounce) can vegetable stock (reduced sodium if possible)
- 2 cups water
- Heat olive oil in stockpot. Add garlic, red pepper, and oregano. Heat until garlic sizzles.
- Add the crushed tomatoes and mix well.
- Add the vegetable stock and water. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
Kids Can: open cans using can opener (older children).
Change it up: Serve room temperature in teacups to toddlers. Hot soup in a bowl may be too difficult to eat. Consider putting soup in well-sealed travel mugs to take in the car on busy nights. Just make sure it is a safe temperature for your child before adding the lid. Try serving this soup with “Say Cheese Please Straw.” Amazing combo!