- 8 whole wheat tortillas
- 12 very thin slices deli ham
- 1 cup shredded cheddar or swiss cheese
- Warm skillet over medium heat.
- Place tortilla flat on the counter.
- Top with 3 overlapping slices of ham.
- Sprinkle cheese evenly over ham.
- Top with tortilla.
- Place quesadilla in the skillet and cook about two minutes or until bottom is slightly browned and crisp.
- Turn the quesadilla over with a spatula and cook another two minutes or until bottom is slightly browned, crispy and cheese is melting.
- Repeat with remaining quesadillas.
- Allow quesadillas to cool slightly before cutting into wedges.
Kids Can: Help measure out cheese, count out ham slices, and assemble quesadillas.
Change it up: These are great in lunchboxes and are easy to pack! They can be used as breakfast, lunch, snack or dinner. Kids love helping with this recipe; if they help make recipes, they are much more likely to try new foods.