- 5 eggs
- ¼ pound sliced ham, diced into small, kid-size cubes, about ½-inch or less
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, shredded (reduced fat optional)
- 1 cup peas, frozen
- ½ teaspoon olive oil
- Heat the peas in olive oil on medium heat for about 5 minutes, until they cook through.
- Break open all the eggs in a small mixing bowl and stir together; set aside.
- Add the diced ham to the skillet with peas and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add eggs to the cooked ham and peas. Sprinkle with cheese. Cook over medium heat for about 5-7 minutes, until bubbles start to form on top.
- Place the oven-proof pan in a 350 degree F oven for 5 minutes, until the eggs look firm and have set.
- Slide onto a platter. Slice and serve.
Kids Can: break the eggs and stir them together.
Change it up: Try making the “I want more” frittata in a muffin cup for breakfast or dinner on the go! Kids love food in fun shapes. Looking for more smiles? Serve with fruit, bread and low-fat milk.