- 1 ½ cup apples, cored and sliced
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- ¼ teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 ½ tablespoons milk, skim
- 1 egg
- 3 egg whites
- cooking spray
- 6 slices of whole wheat bread
- 6 tablespoons syrup, reduced calorie
- In a microwave safe, medium sized bowl, combine diced apples, sugar substitute, and cinnamon. Microwave for 1 minute.
- Beat milk, egg and egg white together in a wide, shallow.
- Spray cooking pan with cooking spray. Place pan on burner over medium-high heat.
- Dip bread into egg batter coating lightly but completely on both sides.
- Place in pan. Cook, turning often until golden brown on both sides.
- Please two slices of French toast on a plate. Top each serving with diced apple mix and 2 Tablespoons of syrup.
Kids Can: help measure ingredients, use a plastic knife to dice apples, mix ingredients in bowl, spray cooking pan, top toast with apple topping.
Moms Comments and Quotes: “It was a perfect breakfast!” “You could substitute other fruits over the French toast or add powdered sugar.”