- 12 oz stubby pasta
- ¼ c olive oil
- ¼ c lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- pinch of salt
- pinch of pepper
- ½ pint cherry tomatoes, halved (about 12 tomatoes)
- 2 cans (3.5 oz each) of tuna, packed in water, drained
- ½ cup chopped red bell pepper
- ½ cup chopped broccoli
- In a large saucepan of boiling water, cook the pasta according to package directions until tender (about 8-12 minutes).
- While the pasta cooks, in a large bowl, mix together the olive oil and the lemon juice.
- Add the mayonnaise, the pinch of salt and the pinch of pepper.
- Set aside; drain the cooked pasta.
- Add to the bowl with lemon dressing.
- Toss until coated; add in tomatoes, tuna, bell pepper and broccoli.
- Toss gently.
- Serve at room temperature.
Kids Can: Help measure ingredients, cut tomatoes using a plastic knife (older children), stir dressing together, mix ingredients.
Change it up: Add in any veggies you have on hand. Bump up the fiber content by using whole-wheat pasta.