- 15oz can salmon, cleaned and 2 tablespoons juice reserved
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup celery, minced
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons oil
- To prep the salmon, measure out 2 tablespoons of the juice from the can and set aside.
- Drain the rest of the can; pour salmon into a mixing bowl.
- Remove bones and skin, and then flake with a fork.
- Add the celery and egg and mix well.
- Stir in flour, baking powder and the reserved juice.
- Form into burgers. (Makes about 6 or more patties.)
- Add oil to skillet over medium heat.
- Pan fry burgers for three to five minutes preside until golden brown.
- Add your favorite burger toppings.
Kids Can: measure out ingredients, use a plastic knife to mince celery (older children), crack the egg, mix ingredients together, make patties, and assemble burger toppings.
Change it up: You can also use these as a stand-alone entrée.