- 1 small tomato
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons butter or margarine
- 2 slices bread
- Wash tomato and chop into small pieces, then add to jar.
- Crack eggs and add to jar.
- Add cheese and salt, then tighten lid and shake well.
- Melt butter or margarine in the skillet over medium heat.
- Pour contents of jar into the skillet.
- Using the pancake turner, gently slide back and forth until the eggs are firm but not runny.
- Toast the bread and cut into halves.
- Serve the scrambled eggs over the toast.
Kids Can: Wash tomato, use plastic knife to cut tomato pieces (older children), crack eggs, add cheese and salt, tighten lid, shake jar, and push button on toaster.
Change it up: Add other vegetables to taste or wrap up with a tortilla and make a breakfast burrito.