- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed, halved
- 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- 1/8 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/8 cup of cranberries, dried
- 1 tablespoon walnuts, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- In a bowl, toss Brussels sprouts and olive oil until coated.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Combine balsamic vinegar and sugar in a saucepan. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to medium low.
- Let sauce reduce until thick, about 5-10 minutes.
- Drizzle balsamic sauce over the roasted sprouts and sprinkle with cranberries and walnuts, if desired.
Kids Can: stir ingredients together, help arrange on baking sheet, drizzle sauce, and sprinkle with cranberries.
Change it up: Little sprouts will like these cold too. Stick a pretzel into cooked sprouts to make them fun to eat.