- ½ cup bean dip
- 4 (10”) tortillas, whole wheat
- ¾ pound deli roast beef (pre-cooked chicken breast strips are great too)
- 1 cup lettuce, shredded
- ¾ cup tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cheese, cheddar, reduced fat, shredded
- Spread bean dip evenly over one side of each tortilla. Layer deli roast beef over bean dip, leaving ½ inch border around the edges.
- Sprinkle equal amounts of lettuce, tomato and cheese.
- Fold the right and left sides together, overlapping edges. Fold bottom edge of tortilla up over filling and roll closed.
- Cut each roll in half. Serve with salsa, if desired.
Kids Can: make this whole recipe!
Change it up: Skip the meat and add extra beans. Heat the tortillas in the microwave to melt the cheese slightly—about a minute—before adding lettuce and tomatoes.
MOM’s Comments: “Hands down, my favorite recipe.”